Children's Birthday Party
Celebrate your child's birthday in the Lokschuppen - Play, fun and excitement guaranteed! Book an individual children's birthday party for your child! We promise a diversified and suitable for children guided tour through the PHARAO Exhibition with a fascinating workshop at the end.
- Duration: minimum 2 hours (Guided tour and workshop each about 1 hour)
- Detailed informations about the prices
- Reservations at the exhibition office at least 3 days earlier
- Under survey of the parents you can rent a room free of charge for lunch, unpacking presents etc. A birthday cake or a giant pizza can be ordered in advance at the Bistro Café Lok.
- Book a Guided Flashlight Tour as a Children's Birthday Party
Birthday Guided Tours
Go on an expedition through ancient Egypt together with your birthday guests. Get to know the everyday life, the impressive buildings and gods of the ancient Egyptians.
In connection with the guided tour, there is a creative workshop of your choice after it.
- Scarab (starting from pre school up to 6th grade of school with two different level of difficulty): The ancient Egyptians loved the scarab - a dung beetle! The symbol of the scarab was a lucky charm and was a popular decoration for jewelry or used as a protection talisman. Every child designs his very own lucky beetle. We offer the workshop in two different levels of difficulty:
The easier version is recommended for children from pre-school to second grade. In this workshop, the children will design a plaster model.
The more advanced version is recommended for children from third grade on. In this workshop, every child produces his or her own replica and designs a scarab talisman.
- Senet (starting from primary school up to 6th grade of school with two different level of difficulty): Senet was the ancient Egyptians' favourite board game and as well known as "ludo". The children make this board game and learn the rules of the game. Afterwards they will be able to play it together. Depending on the childrens' age, the design and rules of the game will be adjusted:
The easier type is recommended up to second grade while the more advanced type is recommended starting from third grade.
- Hieroglyphics - scribal school (starting from 5th grade of school and young adults): In Ancient Egypt scribal schools for older children included this extraordinarily important school subject: reading and writing of hieroglyphics. In this workshop the participants learn something about the ancient Egyptian signs, which were nearly forgotten and puzzled scientists for a long time. The children learn some hieroglyphics, write on real papyrus and design their very own bookmark.